First Place $1,500
Second Place $1,000
Third Place $500
Friendship begins with a single smile. Speech begins with a single babble. Nutrition begins with a single bite. Healthy mouths are essential to resilient and happy lives. Regular visits to the dentist protect this valuable treasure, now more than ever. The safety, protection, and welfare of every patient at each dental visit are of the utmost importance for the entire dental team.
Purpose: The purpose of this competition is to increase awareness among minorities about the importance of dental visits and oral health as it relates to overall health even in a pandemic in the communities of the Hispanic Dental Association (HDA), National Dental Association (NDA) and Society of American Indian Dentists (SAID) patients.
How to Enter:
- Diverse Dental Society (DDS) invites you (“Entrant”) to enter the Pandemic Oral Health Safety Video Contest. Dental teams are encouraged to create original and inspiring videos emphasizing the need for optimal dental health to achieve overall excellent health.
- Participants must send their video submission (“Entry”) via WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries will be accepted from 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on 11/17/2020 through 11:59 P.M. EST on 1/22/2021.
- Limit One (1) Entry per person and per email address for the duration of the Contest. If more than one Entry is received per person and email address, only the first such Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account of the email address from which the Entry is generated.
- Submit an Entry Form via WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/) with your name, cell phone number, title/subject used, video, and release statement allowing DDS to use and post the video and its content to email@example.com. Only Entries which comply with these Official Rules will be considered
- DDS to post the videos after vetting content. After the vetting process, DDS will notify contestants on how to share their videos from DDS social media outlets.
- Participants must create a 1-minute long video that covers the following topics:
- Safety of dental procedures.
- Should stress the need for dental health in order to achieve overall health.
- Create a cheerful and convincing messaging for minority American patients utilizing diverse imagery and/or individuals from American Indian, Alaskan Natives, Hispanic, and African American populations.
- Entry must not: contain inappropriate or defamatory words/statements (including words or symbols that are considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group); depict any dangerous activities or situations; include threats to any person, place, business, or group; disparage persons or organizations associated with the DDS; invade the privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any and all applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations; display any commercial/corporate advertising (including, but not limited to, corporate logos, brand names, trademarks, slogans, political, personal and religious statements); contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous and may not in any way reference persons or organizations without their written permission; contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which DDS wishes to associate. DDS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry that, in its sole opinion, refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon DDS, the Contest or any other person or entity, or does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, including, but not limited to, television commercials, in the sole determination of DDS.
- No use of artist music unless you have a license to use.
- Share your name and membership organization (HDA, NDA, or SAID) within the video. We have to be able to contact and verify your membership.
- November 20, 2020 — Contest Begins
- January 22, 2021 — Last date to submit videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 5, 2021 — Winners to be notified
- Must be a current 2020 member in good financial standings of one of HDA, NDA and/or SAID associations.
- The contest is open to member oral health professionals who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the date of entry. The Contest is not open to employees of DDS, HDA, NDA, SAID, or Colgate, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotional agencies, retailers, distributors (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees. Void where prohibited by law.
- Must be willing and able to:
- Capture original, current (not dated) video content
- Finance your video production – cellphone camera or comparable camera are acceptable
- By submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, Entrant represents and warrants that the Entry, including videos, is the original creation of the Entrant, has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, does not violate or infringe any copyright or trademark or other proprietary rights of any other person or entity, is the sole property of the Entrant and has not been previously published.
- Sign the release upon submitting the contest video for the contest.
- If a patient is included a release form to use video must be submitted to email@example.com
- Winners must participate in a virtual event to be acknowledged and recognized.
- Creativity, Originality, Impact, Social Media Responses and Quality
- Entries received during the Entry Period which comply with these Official Rules will be judged on originality; creativity, appropriateness to theme, sincerity, and suitability submission by an independent judging organization/Sponsor] who will choose the winners. The decision of the judges is final.
- The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution by winners or cash equivalent is allowed. DDS reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All fees, federal, state, local, or other expenses relating to the use, acceptance, and possession of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be filed on behalf of winners for the retail value of any prize over $600 OR for the retail value of the Prize.
- Winner Notification: Each winner will be notified by email, phone, or both at the discretion of the DDS on or about 2/5/2021. The return of prize notification as undeliverable or inability to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners (or parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) and any person depicted in the Entry and any person who took or recorded the Entry will be required to execute and return within fourteen (14) days of notification an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, a publicity release and a transfer of ownership, as applicable (collectively, “Release”), except where prohibited by law. Failure to sign and return the Release within fourteen (14) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or the prize notification letter will result in a potential winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Submission of the Entry grants DDS and its agents an unlimited worldwide, perpetual license and right to use, publicly perform and use the Entry in any way, including, without limitation, in partial and edited form, in any and all media, without limitation, without consideration to the Entrant or any other person.
- The DDS is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, or postage-due mail/entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive Entry information by DDS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (iii) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest, or (iv) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Contest.
- All decisions of the DDS, Contest Administrator, and the judges shall regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. DDS will not be responsible for typographical or printing or other errors, administration of the Contest, the announcement of the prizes, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.
The winning video concepts will be used and edited into a professional video produced and featured by HDA, NDA, SAID and DDS to create a vision of a brighter future for all Americans.